The impacts of our changing climate are impossible to ignore. Whistler is particularly vulnerable as our lives and our livelihoods are built around mountains, lakes and glaciers. This last term has been filled with moving from plans to action. There is a lot more of that to do.
- ‘Enthusiastically’ implement the municipal climate plan The Big Moves Strategy.
- Deliver the super sized Whistler fuel treatment to protect against forest fire.
- Continue to push for a Sea to Sky regional transit system.
- Support transition to the electrification of transportation system through more municipal charging infrastructure and building regulation.
- Expand local transit to drive modal-shift away from the car.
- Find more ways to prioritise walking and biking over cars.